1072 Route 9 Suite 1 Fiskill, NY 12524
All sanitation companies are not alike. Choose quality, reputation and service. Choose Herring.
Pumping Septic Tanks is our main business. Our office staff is trained to answer all your questions and to set up an appointment that will best meet your schedule. We try to give you a 2 hour window for your convenience and try our best to adhere to the times given. Our Pumping staff is trained to service your tank and make sure you are aware of the condition of your system, your sludge build up and your tank condition. We realize that this is NOT an area where any homeowner wants to dabble in the ‘do it yourself’ mode.
What can you count on us doing to make sure we do this right?
* Most homeowners expose their own lids but some have us do it. We do charge for this service and will quote you when you schedule. We charge by the foot so your constant will be your depth not how slow or how fast the service man is. We thought that was more fair a way of charging. We do not leave it to the discretion of the service man that might be having a hard day.
* When we leave your property, your tank will be empty down to about 4 to 6 inches of the bottom. Leaving your tank full and just taking the solids is not servicing your tank properly.
* Why do we leave 4 to 6 inches? This promotes bacteria growth which is what helps break down the solids into sludge.
* Our services men are trained to MIX up your tank while they are pumping you out. Why? This mixes the solid and liquids up so they can fit through a 4 inch hose. You do NOT want us to drop in the hose and just pump out the water leaving you all the solids at the bottom. This is not how to service a tank properly.
* Your tank will be filled up with liquid again in about 3 to 4 days. You are pumping the tank with the sole purpose of getting the solids out so they do not travel out to your septic field system. The correct operational level of your septic tank is what the lay person calls full. This is up to the baffles of the tank so the liquids can flow out to the absorption fields.
* What is the purpose of your septic tank baffles? The Inlet Baffle directs all the solids that are coming from your house down to the bottom of the tank. This is so the bacteria action can start to work on them immediately breaking them down into sludge. The Outlet Baffle is there to stop the sludge from flowing out to your field system. It is important that they are still affixed to your tank so your system is protected.
* After two years we will send you out a reminder that it has been two years since your last pump out and that that it’s time to think about your Septic Tank again. We are not high pressure sales men. We call a spade a spade and try to help you keep your septic system functioning properly.